Search this blog:

Wtf! My adsense is not working at my Blogger template!

Web Design Generator
As the first article, I have to say that I had to write about how to make an Adsense unit work in a Blogger template because I just passed through that goddamned problem stated at the title, it was when I added an Adsense unit below my blogger post, the thing was supposed to work, but the day after yesterday (Today…), my adsense account was still showing the ad unit as New, then I did freak out, I went nuts like Jedi squirrels, I thought “What the hell, I added the code in the right place, I can even see a space that has the same size as the ad, so what’s going on? Is there any content on my page which goes against Adsense TOS? No. So what?” that’s when I took a closer look at the code and realized the reason: The Quotes, the freaking quotes! Yay! I’ll beat myself! xD

So here’s how I fixed it and how you should fix it too, just in case you are having the exact very problem.
Take a look at your adsense code, it should be something similar to this, but with numbers instead of Xs:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ";
/* 728x90, created 8/7/13 */
google_ad_slot = " XXXXXX";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

So what you should do is the following:

1) Change < into &lt;
2) Change & into &amp;
3) Change ' into &apos;
4) Change " into &quot;
5) Change > into &gt;



Then your code should look like this:

&lt;script type="text/javascript"&gt;&lt;!--
google_ad_client = &quot;pub- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ";
/* 728x90, created 8/7/13 */
google_ad_slot = &quot; XXXXXXXX&quot;;
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//--&gt;
&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot;
src=&quot;http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js&quot;&gt;
&lt;/script&gt;


Insert your code again on your template's Html, save it and Voila! All settled and working.


author

About Author:

Matheus is a Web Designer who decided to start a social network where users beyond talking, could also share Free Blogger Templates, the website http://akecheta.com, nevertheless, it wasn't enough for him, so he decided to create the Akecheta Blog, where users can get tips and tricks on how to customize their blog layout and functionality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a very helpful comment related to the article, and your comment will be approved whatever it has a link on it or not, because I know most people comment for spamming, so if you want to advertise your business, it's cool as long as you help me too.